U.S. Office of Personnel Management
Why you may not file an
FLSA claim electronically
You may not file an FLSA claim electronically because the claim must have an original signature by you or your representative. Additionally, an FLSA claim frequently contains supporting documentation such as position descriptions, organizational charts, time and attendance cards, and sign in/out logs, that are not available electronically.
- The highlighted links will take you to pages that explain about filing an FLSA claim.
- Fair Labor Standards Act fact sheets for Federal Employees
- How a current or former Federal employee may file an FLSA claim
- Limitation on which Federal employees may file an administrative claim with a Federal agency or OPM
- Information that should be included in an FLSA claim filed to OPM
- Addresses, telephone numbers, and service areas of OPM offices that provide FLSA information and accept FLSA claims.
Created July 1, 1998